Herbs used as post pregnancy supplement are:-
Fenugreek Seed – Methi – Trigonella Foenumgraecum
Dill Seed – Anethum Sowa Seeds
Chamomile – Mayweed – Scented Mayweed – Pinheads – Gul Babuna – Chemomila Recutita
Centella – Gotu Kola – Centella Asiatica
Indian ginseng – poison gooseberry – winter cherry – Ashwagandha – Withania Somnifera
Satavar – Shatavari – Shatamull – Asparagus Racemosus
Ginger – Adraka – Shunthi – Nagavi – Zingiber Officinale
Long Pepper – Pipal – Piper Longum
Musli – Chlorophytum Borivilianum (White, black and red)
Saffron- Kesar – Crocus Sativus
Chaste Tree – Nirgundi – Sindvar – Vitex Negundo
- Fenugreek seeds can be soaked in water overnight. Drink this water the next morning. It is believed to support lactation. It is also beneficial in lowering the back discomfort that accompanies pregnancy, and helps in dealing with aggravated vata
- Water boiled with cumin, coriander, fennel, dill, chamomile, centellacan do a lot of good. These herbs are digestive aids and fennel and dill supports lactation. Drink this water through the day.
- Make a small ladoo (a ball of herbs and sweets) by including herbal powders such as Ashwagandha powder, Shatavari Powder, Ginger powder, Pipali powder, saffron, safed musli and nirgundi powder. All these herbs are helpful in kindling agni and when combined with whole wheat flour, ghee, almonds, raisins and coconut, you can enjoy one ladoo a day for better health.
- A small ball made of ginger powder, turmeric powder,jaggery and ghee helps support healing and kindles the agni or digestive fire. It is usually had as first thing in the morning after the fenugreek water.
- Shatavari has estrogenic quality and helps the reproductive system and uterus in getting back to shape quickly, while Dashmool is a ten root formula that supports cell rejuvenation. Hence, they can be included as part of postpartum care.
There are no reviews yet.